Data Governance Quality Analyst
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Manage the assessment of our data quality, and develop methods for monitoring, reporting and enhancing our data quality. The Data Governance Quality Analyst develops and uses processes and methodologies to create, maintain and use high quality data across all of our systems and storage areas. This effort will include the design of quality tests (in concert with IT to help make the tests happen), reporting on quality, and managing data quality issues.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
• Work with Data Profilers and Business Data Stewards to assess impact of data profiling results
• Support definition of baseline Data Quality metrics & certification
• Define Data Quality with Business Analysts (BA) and Data Steward
• Work with internal partners to define requirements for Data Quality monitoring and support the design thereof
• Support development of test plans
• Establish data quality methodology to help ensure the integrity of the data in the source/ systems of record, data warehouse and data marts
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain standardization schemes and data quality processes
• Monitor and trend data quality in the source systems and data warehouse; work with Data Stewards to recommend corrective action, as needed
• Act as focal point for quality issues related to the data warehouse and data marts
• Ensure data quality findings are communicated to data owners, data stewards, and other stakeholders
• Participate in testing to ensure completeness and accuracy with the various applications that interface with the EDW
• Support Data Steward in recommendations for certification of operating systems, data warehouse, and external data as meeting Data Quality standards
• Monitor, report on, and identify opportunities for improvement of quality in the data lake
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
1. Required Work Experience
• 5 years of business expertise, understanding business definitions, needs, reporting requirements, and data structures
• 3 years of data analysis experience
• 5 years of experience in the healthcare industry, with understanding of data in health insurance organizations.
• 1 year project management experience
2. Required Education
• High School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
2. Preferred Education
• Bachelors degree in business administration, math, statistics, computer science or related program
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills
• Proficient SAS, SQL, and Business Objects skills
• Conceptual knowledge of the following architectures: datamarts, data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL
• Well-versed in Data Quality methodology•
2. Required Professional Competencies
• Methodical with great attention to detail
• Good technical knowledge, understanding of database concepts and ability to write queries
• Evidence of positive and productive collaborations working with diverse audiences, constituencies, and colleagues
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Initiative, flexibility and the ability to adapt to a complex, rapidly changing health insurance environment
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in concise terms to a broad range of constituents.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all areas of BCBSAZ
• Experienced communication and collaboration skills
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies