Customer Service Team Lead
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This role will be supporting a part-time workforce
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· The Customer Service Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the team, technical coaching of customer service representatives, tracking and solving known system issues, and working closely with others in the department to understand technical development needs of the staff . The Team Lead is also responsible for working closely with resource planning support to effectively manage inventory.
· The Customer Service Team Lead’s role is to operate as a technical extension of the Manager of Customer Service and is empowered as a trusted technical advisor that is focused on ensuring all employees have the right set of skills, tools, and resources available to them on a day-to-day basis to effectively meet the needs of our customers.
1. Required Work Experience
· 1 year of experience in health insurance contact center environment.
· 1 year of experience supporting teams as a technical subject matter expert.
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study (Applies to All Levels)
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 2 years of experience in health insurance contact center environment.
· 1 year of experience in technical training or coaching role.
2. Preferred Education
· Associate's Degree
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee day-to-day team activities while seeking guidance and input from the Manager of Customer Service Operations and promoting a culture of customer-centricity throughout the area.
· Motivate, engage with, and provide positive, meaningful impact to customer service agents through effective technical feedback and coaching; while also demonstrating a commitment to their individual growth and improving the service experience for our customers.
· Communicate daily contact center metric performance at a team level on a regular basis to the Manager of Customer Service Operations. Provide updates on individual agent ongoing metric performance issues to the Manager, as necessary.
· Evaluate and report on incoming, ongoing, unresolved, and resolved Demand Tickets and systems operations issues with root cause analysis and recommendations for mitigation and short-term work around capabilities, as necessary.
· Review and research all reportable audits and work closely with quality analysts to provide technical feedback and coaching on areas of opportunity to improve technical knowledge and skillset of customer service representatives.
· Effectively track and report to the Manger of Customer Service Operations all staff technical coaching and development being executed.
· Monitor and investigate computer and system issues.
· Responsible for participation in various projects and cost reduction initiatives supporting team, department, and organization goals. Committed to data-driven performance analysis and utilizing an analytical approach to driving metric performance.
· Administer, interpret, and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms, and manuals. Engage meaningfully as necessary when system enhancements or changes being made will directly affect customer service operations.
· Keep status of the department current in accordance with service standards, systems, procedures, forms, and manuals through staff meeting facilitation and verbal and written communications.
· Responsible for ensuring all Customer Service Academy training materials are complete and accurate.
· Assist with call escalations as necessary.
· Ability to think outside the box and objectively and professionally challenge the status quo that engages others in constructive dialogue to achieve results. Builds and fosters good working relationships with internal customers and peers.
· Ensure that staff performs essential job functions to maximize corporate performance scores related to the area’s responsibilities (i.e., FEP PIP, IPP, MTM and related performance guarantees).
· Travel may be required for employees in regional offices.
· The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to craft professional, clear, written communications.
· Superior coaching and mentoring skills.
· Intermediate skill in use of office equipment including copier, fax machine, scanner, and telephones.
· Intermediate PC proficiency
· Advanced knowledge of customer service applications and systems including CSS, Metavance, TPS, Image
Retriever and IVR.
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy.
· Maintain a high standard of professionalism and conduct.
· Analytical knowledge is necessary to generate reports based on available data and then execute decisions
based on reported data.
· Capable of investigative and analytical research.
· Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high employee satisfaction and engagement.
· Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Use available information to focus the team’s activities and identify priorities.
· Work well in a team environment and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other
staff, departments, and customers.
· Demonstrate the ability to gain trust and establish authority over non-direct reports as a trusted leader, talented
coach, and committed technical resource.
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Intermediate word processing
· Intermediate spreadsheet and database software skills. MS Excel skills critical to job function include
professional formatting of content, importing and exporting data, using pivot tables, and creating charts and
graphs, as necessary.
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
Comply with BCBSAZ corporate and departmental policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Code Blue, Compliance, HIPAA, Computer Responsibility, Accreditation Standards, Attendance, Staff Qualifications and Quality Management Accountabilities.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.