Customer Service Team Lead- Claims
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Oversee day-to-day team activities while seeking guidance and input from the Director of Operations and promoting a culture of customer-centricity throughout the area.
- Motivate, engage with, and provide positive, meaningful impact to customer service agents through effective technical feedback and coaching; while also demonstrating a commitment to their individual growth and improving the service experience for our customers.
- Communicate daily claims metric performance at a team level on a regular basis to the Director of Operations. Provide updates on individual ongoing metric performance issues to the Director as necessary.
- Evaluate and report on incoming, ongoing, unresolved, and resolved Demand Tickets and systems operations issues with root cause analysis and recommendations for mitigation and short-term work around capabilities as necessary.
- Review and research all reportable audits and work closely with quality analysts to provide technical feedback and coaching on areas of opportunity to improve technical knowledge and skillset of customer service representatives.
- Effectively track and report to the Director of Operations all staff technical coaching and development being executed.
- Monitor and investigate computer and system issues.
- Responsible for participation in various projects and cost reduction initiatives supporting team, department, and organization goals. Committed to data-driven performance analysis and utilizing an analytical approach to driving metric performance.
- Administer, interpret, and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms, and manuals. Engage meaningfully as necessary when system enhancements or changes being made will directly affect customer service operations.
- Keep status of the department current in accordance with service standards, systems, procedures, forms, and manuals through staff meeting facilitation and verbal and written communications.
- Responsible for ensuring all Customer Service Academy training materials are complete and accurate.
- Assist with call escalations as necessary.
- Ability to think outside the box and objectively and professionally challenges the status quo that engages others in constructive dialogue to achieve results. Builds and fosters good working relationships with internal customers and peers.
- Ensure that staff performs essential job functions to maximize corporate performance scores related to the area’s responsibilities (i.e., FEP PIP, IPP, MTM and related performance guarantees).
- Travel may be required for employees in regional office.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements