Customer Service Representative - Remote
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Location: Phoenix, AZ (The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.)
$1,000 Onboarding Bonus* - ($500 at 3 months and another $500 at 6 months)
Why Join Our Team?
If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that finding balance, happiness and fulfillment in life is essential. What this means for BCBSAZ is the idea of Workability. Workability is our future workforce strategy and defines where and how we do our jobs: 100% remote, 100% in the office or somewhere in-between. Apply below to find out more!
We’re hiring a full-time, remote Customer Advocate Phone Specialist for INBOUND phone support that will assist customer inquiries and correspondence! This position has an emphasis on excellence, privacy, compliance, and versatility within the health insurance industry.
Pay and Shifts:
Our starting hourly rate is $18.00 with the opportunity to earn more with performance and quality-based incentives and bonuses! We also offer an additional $1 per hour Bilingual Premium for Phone Specialist who speak Spanish proficiently!
What to expect:
- Shifts are Monday-Friday, between 6:00am - 6:00pm
- 9+ weeks of Instructor-led paid, virtual training
- Up to 16 days PTO, 11 paid holidays
- 8 hours paid Volunteer hours to serve our community!
- Up to a 12% Annual bonus based on Corporate Goals and Individual Performance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) up to 5% dollar per dollar match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts, Gym Reimbursement, Wellness Programs, incentive bonuses and more!
- Customer Care: Identify, research, process, resolve and respond to customer inquiries and correspondence via telephone, written communication and/or in person.
- Member Advocate: Explain to customers a variety of information concerning the organization’s services, including but not limited to, contract benefits, changes in coverage, eligibility, claims, BCBSAZ programs, provider networks, etc.
- Our Customer Advocate Phone Specialist will typically answer 40+ calls per day
- Answer a diverse and high volume of health insurance related customer calls and correspondence daily.
- Meet quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines.
- Document and record facts regarding inquiries and correspondence by updating BCBSAZ files and system.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of external Customer Service Experience
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Detailed oriented, maintain confidentiality and privacy and ability to navigate multiple computer systems and software programs
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.