CRM Solutions Developer (Salesforce/ Dynamics)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
The CRM Solutions Developer is part of an agile development team, working on the deployment, customization and integration of Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the enterprise. Activities include requirements reviews, design reviews, estimating work, programming to specifications and guidelines, unit testing, and daily status reporting.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Level 1 - Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Learn area’s direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Design, maintain, develop, and enhance Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics systems and programs.
- Design and code basic-level systems, programs, and interfaces, using the appropriate structured programming techniques and programming languages.
- Participate in the development, review, and creation of documentation used to support associated systems.
- Create logic, system, and program flows for complex systems, including interfaces and metadata
- Write and execute unit test plans. Track and resolve any processing issues.
- Implement and maintain operational and disaster-recovery procedures.
- Participate in small to medium projects.
- Participate in the review of code and/or systems for proper design standards, content and functionality.
- Assist with development and delivery of presentations to staff and management
- Participate in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Analyze data/files and map data from one system to another
- Adhere to established source control versioning policies and procedures
- Develop programs, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements.
- Use sound project management methodology and demonstrate solid time management skills.
- Monitor and create priority list(s) that are agreed to by user management
- Meet timeliness and accuracy goals.
- Communicate status of work assignments to stakeholders and management.
Level 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision
- Design, maintain and develop moderately complex systems and CRM applications
- Participate or lead medium projects.
- Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all appropriate areas
- Assist Users/Analysts with the development of system interface specifications
- Develop, write and implement processing requirements and post implementation review
- Develop time and cost estimates and system modification schedules.
- Create and deliver presentations to staff and management.
Level 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Build, support, and maintain moderately complex processes, CRM applications, and data
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 and 2
- Participate and/or lead large- or complex-technical projects
Level 4 - Performs job functions in a lead capacity
- Serve as primary operational contact for internal and external customers when needed or in the absence of the Manager
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project teams
- Inform the manager/supervisor of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance
- Assist the manager/supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the department
- Responsible for technical and production support documentation in accordance with department standards and industry best practices.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain current knowledge on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
- Participate in on-call rotation
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5541