Corporate Giving Program Specialist
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal use only-grade 30
The program specialist is responsible for supporting the development and execution of corporate giving strategies and initiatives to achieve business goals related to BCBSAZ’s corporate social responsibility efforts and philanthropic investment in the community. This role will manage the systems and execute the processes that support corporate giving activities, respond to community partners’ inquiries, monitor the implementation of corporate giving activities, and evaluate processes to implement needed modifications to continuously enhance corporate giving processes and procedures. This role also supports Foundation-related operational activities.
Maintains positive and effective business, and professional relationships within the corporation and the community. With the Sr. Manager, Foundation Operations and Community and Engagement, supports relationships with community partners (e.g., charitable and civic organizations) with the goal of branding the company as a major entity contributing to the Arizona community. Works with the Corporate Giving Manager to manage and execute charitable giving and corporate social responsibility programs. Acts as a liaison between BCBSAZ and customers, individuals, and corporate, civic, and charitable organizations and positions self a subject matter expert for system knowledge and processes that support the Foundation and corporate giving activities.
- Manage the company’s Community grant management software, serving as the in-house subject matter expert.
- Process approved contributions through the grant management software and A/P
- Develop request briefs and funding recommendations for the BCBSAZ Corporate Contributions Committee.
- Provide recommendations and assist executive management with corporate sponsored projects and programs
- Create and nurture relationships with BCBSAZ community partners to maximize corporate visibility and image in Arizona.
- Adhere to established budgets
- Collaborate with other BCBSAZ departments to align common work in an effort to meet corporate goals.
- Act as contact for and liaison between BCBSAZ and civic / charitable organizations in Arizona.
- Work with BCBSAZ business segments to establish, where practical, relationships within strategic community partner organizations to leverage the company’s community involvement.
- Liaison to public relations and internal communications teams to share content to support BCBSAZ’s presence in the community and positive community brand reputation.
- Create and implement multi-year project plans to meet department and company goals and objectives
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Manage and organize use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting.
- Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Assist the Corporate Giving Manager with the implementation of event strategies, preparation for in-person and virtual events, and day-of-event responsibilities;
- Conduct prospect and donor research.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team to develop and implement accurate and effective donor communications, such as solicitation and stewardship materials
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in community relations, communications, event planning, and/or project management field (Specialists)
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in Healthcare community relations, communications, event planning, and/or project management field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Health
REQUIRED COMPETENCIESRequired Job Skills
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Advanced PC proficiency.
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones.
- Advanced skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Advanced skill in SharePoint, and other collaborative tools
- Advanced virtual meeting experience
- Intermediate skill using departmental BCBSAZ and BCBSA software.
Required Professional Competencies
- Strong involvement in community organizations.
- Strong knowledge of the community.
- Strong knowledge of BCBSAZ products, business practices, customer base, and potential customers.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills that allow for harmonious relationships with providers, members and coworkers.
- Recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities.
- Ability and experience to assimilate multiple new functions, services, projects and systems while maintaining existing systems and programs.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
PREFERRED COMPETENCIESPreferred Job Skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Arizona health insurance market
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and technology to foster success in the discipline area
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona