Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
- Performs daily computer processes to ensure schedule and requirements are met and provides after-hours support to users.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Level 1 – Entry-level role; Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Process jobs according to schedules and requirements defined by the Operations Manager.
- Troubleshoot potential issues, reporting all conditions incurred in the daily processing.
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot and report potential issues to Network Support to maintain uptime.
- Prepare system backup tapes offsite storage, monitor backups, troubleshoot and resolves errors and maintain library.
- Provide After hours Help Desk Support (Nights and Weekends)to internal customers and Citrix Users
- Provide first-level system triage for servers and auxiliary equipment
Level 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision and peer review
- Develop business objectives, processing requirements, and specifications
- Research and analyze procedural problems and provide recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Develop functional specifications, logic flows and other documentation as applicable
- Write or modify procedures for internal use, user operational areas and system use.
Level 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Provide peer-level training, review, and mentoring to levels 1 and 2
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Research, analyze, track and resolve complex system problems
Level 4 - Performs job functions in a lead capacity
- Ensure the department leverages internal tools and applications effectively
- Act as operational contact for internal and external customers when needed / in the absence of manager
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Stay current on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Participate in on-call rotation and work as needed on holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.