Compensation Analyst-5 yrs HR and 2 yrs compensation analysis
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing support in the effective and consistent application of compensation administration. This position assists with the preparation, implementation and maintenance of organizational compensation programs. Provides information, analysis, training, and support, as appropriate, to internal stakeholders in the application of compensation guidelines, procedures, and best practices.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in business / human resources
- 2 years of experience in compensation and/or financial analysis
- Associate’s Degree in business, mathematics, or related field of study
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in data analysis, data mining, statistical analysis, or computer technology
- 3 years of experience in compensation
- Experience with Workday and related systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics or Computer Science
- PHR / SPHR -Professional / Senior Professional in Human Resources
- CCP - Certified Compensation Professional
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and analyze competitive compensation practices in the job market; conduct and participate in identified compensation surveys. Manage survey data in Payfactors. Analyze and report survey data.
- Review and make recommendations for compensation changes as initiated by HR or management. Keep up-to-date on budgeted increases and YTD progress against budget.
- Manage job descriptions.
- Perform job analysis, assign job codes, and recommend salary grade assignments.
- Assist in the research, development and preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- Coordinate, administer and report on the annual merit program.
- Oversee and administer other pay programs including CAPS incentive awards, Exceptional Service Awards, Performance Plus and Wage Stabilization programs.
- Assists with researching and monitoring legislative requirements. Recommends changes as appropriate.
- Assist in developing compensation related communications.
- Partner with HR management to develop and maintain compensation strategies and measures
- Use technology to streamline and drive processes. Work with business unit managers and HR to create systems and processes designed to maximize employee productivity.
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external sources. Create reports and presentations that take raw data and provide meaningful summary information, insights, and recommendations.
- Lead and/or participate on project teams to implement HR projects or represent HR on cross-functional teams.
- Assist with development, communication, administration of Management Incentive Plans (STI and LTI)
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in database, presentation, and word processing software
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet software and HRIS
Required Professional Competencies
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Manage multiple priorities
- Advanced data mining and analysis skills
- Analytical skills in observing and documenting processes at a detailed level
- Advanced process and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in process improvement and business process design
- Written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Customer relationship skills
Preferred Job Skills
- Expert PC proficiency
- Expert proficiency in spreadsheet, database, HRIS, and word processing software
Preferred Professional Competencies
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona