Commercial Marketing Strategist - Remote
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
Support acquisition, sales support, experience, engagement, retention, and communications in alignment with Commercial segment objectives. This commercial marketing, product, and communications professional will establish and implement strategic and tactical plans, guide content, and provide product expertise to work in collaboration with marketing, brand, and digital teams to execute with excellence and achieve results. In support of relationship-building, the design of member, employer, and/or broker communication and engagement is required, along with close attention to campaign metrics and ROI. Assigned responsibilities may include Small Group, Mid-Market, Large Group, National Accounts and/or Verticals for core medical products, pharmacy, specialty, clinical, and other marketing-facing products.
Required Work Experience
- 8 years of experience in Group/Commercial Product and Marketing in the Health Insurance Industry (Applies to Level 1)
- 12 years of experience in Group/Commercial Product and Marketing in the Health Insurance industry (Applies to Level 2)
- High School diploma in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in Group/Commercial Product and Marketing in the Health Insurance Industry (Applies to Level 1)
- 15 years of experience in Group/Commercial Product and Marketing in the Health Insurance industry (Applies to Level 2)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Marketing field of study (Applies to both levels)
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a deep understanding of segment products and services, audiences, sales strategy, and goals
- Providing insights to help inform products, services, and growth strategies for the segment
- Create annual marketing, communication and engagement plans to include goals, messaging, target audience, strategy, tactics, timing, reporting, budget, and ROI targets
- Sync with approved value proposition and prepare detailed product and selling information for marketing teams
- Work in conjunction with marketing, brand, and digital teams to optimize channels including, marketing, digital and communications channels
- Identify research needed to understand audience perceptions related to the sale and utilization of products and services, and work with research team to execute
- Develop and oversee communications and engagement strategy
- Support sales including active involvement with broker and employer audience as needed
- Propose and gain approval for the campaign and annual marketing budgets with an ROI driven lens and manage spend expectations based on approved budgets
- Set strategic direction and review/approve the tactical campaign work plans, ensuring timeliness and accountability of campaign implementation
- Engage segment stakeholders for feedback and approval of all marketing communications and strategies
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to dotted-line marketing/segment staff to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and maximize efficiencies.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve AZ Blue goals and ensure future success.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- Advanced attention to detail in daily workload
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate presentation abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Marketing disciplines
- Expert writing and communication skills (Level 2)
- Advanced presentation abilities (Level 2)
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to lead groups, collaborate, and make decisions
- Manage projects proactively and effectively
- Ability to confidently make decisions.
- Collaborative style and a natural aptitude for creative solutions.
- Ability to quickly identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Strong understanding of issues facing the healthcare industry and ability to assess risk and opportunities to BCBSAZ.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of project management and process improvement methodologies, decision-making tools, planning tools,
- and data analysis tools.
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to manage complex contractual arrangements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills that allow for harmonious relationships with coworkers and cross-functional teams
- Recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Manage a matrixed team to accomplish common goals
- Translate daily work into impact on organization's mission, vision and values
- Create and present compelling presentations with clear story line, audience benefits and metrics
- Motivate cross-functional teams across the organization (Level 2)
- Develop and lead multi-departmental projects to advance Marketing strategies (Level 2)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3241