Client Implement Mgr III
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of new customer and renewal implementations.
- Establish business relationships with group customers.
- Review enrollment materials to identify contract benefits and ensure information is accurate and complete.
- Participate in the development, analysis, and creation of documentation, including Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) and Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) Participate in or assist with small implementation projects.
- Interact with clients during benefit collection.
- Facilitate client meetings and present information regarding benefits and the implementation processes.
- Assist Client Service Managers as needed to ensure a smooth hand-off after implementation into Service Units.
- Facilitate strategic thinking with sales and external stakeholders to stay attuned to changing dynamics, so that the organization can stay in front of client demands and present implementation plans that meet emerging needs.
- Drive ideas and information across diverse audiences and entities for organizational performance and effectiveness towards the goal and aligning client needs with BCBSAZ capabilities.
- Provide guidance and direction for escalated issues and engage management when needed.
- Define and consult on measurement strategies, tools, scorecards and surveys.
- Develop any relevant service measurements and monitor for a defined period after each implementation. Report on any deficiencies to appropriate management.
- Back up supervisor as needed.
- Define metrics and measure for end-to-end processes that will provide a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure scalability of service model and connectivity to the broader environment.
- Analyze processes and performance results and drive improvement initiatives for future implementation efforts.
- Ensure appropriate use of tools to track and monitor the performance of all tasks associated with a project.
- Assist internal customers in the development of procedures, guidelines, and training programs as they relate to customer implementation processes.
- Coordinate and participate in development of training materials and departmental documentation.
- Ensure required paperwork and documentation is complete and distributed to internal and external stakeholders.
- Meet timeliness and accuracy goals[j1] .
- Provide peer review and mentoring to levels 1 and 2.
- Participate or lead medium to large projects to implement changes including new product development, cost containment measures, and benefit design modification to provide innovative responses to marketplace and legislative mandates.
- Manage an implementation team that includes internal implementation, sales, operations, and management participants along with external clients and vendors.
- Drive performance through expert management and execution of organizational plans and activities.
- Embrace and promote innovation and change as a way to enhance personal, team and organizational effectiveness.
- Partner with matrix organizations to ensure that appropriate action is taken to identify and implement high potential process improvements[j2] .
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Experience in customer service, account management, or sales
Working in health insurance or similar field
Experience developing business plans and customer specifications
Experience in project management