Building Maintenance Engineer Senior Lead
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for maintaining building / facility systems and assisting the Manager, with performing duties to oversee day-to- day activities within the Facilities Department.
1. Required Work Experience
· 7 years of experience in building maintenance or general mechanical repair
· 7 years of experience with electrical installation and maintenance
· 3 years of experience with facilities maintenance staff supervision
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
· A valid Arizona driver license with an acceptable driving record
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 8 years of experience in building maintenance or general mechanical repair
· 5 years of experience with computerized energy management systems
· 5 years of experience with facilities maintenance staff supervision
2. Preferred Education
· Associate's Degree in general field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
· Mechanical Systems Certification
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs complex preventive and corrective maintenance, repairs, and installations of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and/or HVAC equipment, machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of buildings. Working under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, monitors building system operations and performance. Has critical, specialized knowledge required at client site.
· Oversee day-to-day team activities while seeking guidance and input from the Facilities Manager. Coordinates, manages, and assigns tasks & projects to Building Maintenance Engineers.
· Operates, maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on building equipment, which may include mechanical/HVAC/plumbing systems, electrical/cabling, fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems.
· Maintains the professional appearances of the property, equipment, engineering spaces, and common areas.
· Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work may include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, construction, mechanical, projects and fire protection.
· Performs specialized and complex tasks such as carpentry, electrical, painting, roofing, HVAC and locksmith tasks. Performs inspection of building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
· Oversee installation of electrical lights, outlets, switches, power poles and various electrical devices; coordinate with electrical contractor for the installation and inspection of all items requiring City of Phoenix code approval.
· Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
· Coordinate maintenance of building UPS systems.
· Maintain preventative maintenance schedules on all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire equipment and parking lots and maintenance repair logs (computer based) on all major facilities equipment.
· Complete all documentation for work order system and preventative maintenance systems.
· Miscellaneous drywall, paint and carpentry repairs and plumbing repairs. · Submit suggestions for change and improvement of procedures and methods to Facilities Manager as necessary and requested.
· Manage facilities maintenance projects as directed by Facilities Manager. · Other facility maintenance work as assigned.
· The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
· This position requires on-call availability.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Required Job Skills
· Provide leadership to maintenance staff.
· Experience in installation of various electrical fixtures and associated wiring.
· Skill in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, hands-on operation and maintaining of chilled water VAV or CAV heating and cooling systems including Chillers, Pumps and Cooling Towers.
· Ability to read blueprint documents.
· Knowledge of processes to coordinate contractors for maintenance of landscaping, lighting, low temperature refrigeration and parking lot.
· Ability to operate personal computer and spreadsheet, form, word processing, and presentation software.
· Ability to operate/use lift equipment up to 25 feet above ground level, including ladders/ scaffolding and lift trucks.
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Ability to manage time and strong organization skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrate a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently with attention to detail.
· Maintain effective working relationships with vendors, staff, and internal customers.
· Capable of mechanical troubleshooting and repair
· Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve customer satisfaction
· Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Principled leadership and sound business ethics
1. Preferred Job Skills
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R2961