Broker Technician - Remote
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
The remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· Contracting: maintaining internal systems related to broker eligibility. Review and approval of broker/agent licenses
· Financial: maintaining communication between brokers/agents, enrollment and other operational departments
related to commission payments and reporting.
1. Required Work Experience
· 2 year(s) of experience in enrollment services/broker field
2. Required Education
· High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
· 5 year(s) of experience in enrollment services/broker field
2. Preferred Education
· Associate's Degree in business field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEVEL 1 Contracting
· Review and validate all new and existing brokers have valid contract and appropriate licenses required by BCBSAZ
· Assign, reviews and maintains coding required for commission payments
· Review and coordinates updates to subscriber records related to missing or incomplete broker information.
· Communicate verbally and in writing with brokers regarding license status. Financial
· Answer high volume of inbound calls and written correspondence related to broker status and commission payments.
· Perform research and provides documentation regarding commission calculation and payment
· Analyzes various financial reports and perform updates as necessary
· Calculate manual commissions and adjustments
· Responsible for training Broker Technician and Broker Medicare Specialist
· Reviews and validates all General Agent override payments
· Reviews and validates all Medicare spreadsheets ensuring payments are made in accordance with Medicare Regulations
· Consult and coordinate with Business analyst to automate manual processes
· Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels
· The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
· Perform all other duties as assigned
1. Required Job Skills
· Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
· Intermediate PC proficiency
· Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
2. Required Professional Competencies
· Maintain confidentiality and privacy
· Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction
· Capable of investigative and analytical research
· Navigate, gather, input and maintain data records in multiple system applications.
· Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
· Prioritize, organize and self-manage workload in a high volume department
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
1. Preferred Job Skills
· Financial: Advanced knowledge of accounting practices
· Contracting: Previous experience in license, Errors & Omissions review or contracting
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
· Knowledge of a wide range of matters pertaining to the organization's operations
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
· Team building skills
· Ability to provide support and guidance to other staff
Comply with BCBSAZ corporate and departmental policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Code Blue, Compliance, HIPAA, Computer Responsibility, Accreditation Standards, Attendance, Staff Qualifications and Quality Management Accountabilities.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.