BizTalk Developer - Remote AZ
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
About the Job
- Strong experience working with health care transactions like 270/271, 276/277, 278, 834, 835, 837, etc.
- Strong Development experience in EDI integration tools like BizTalk, TIBCO or SI
- Preferred skills in Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in C#, SOA, web services, JSON and REST APIs
- Experience with XML Technologies like XML Schema, XML DOM, DTD, XPath, XQuery and XSLT
- Strong Experience in SQL Server, Stored Procedures, ETL, SSIS, and SSRS
- Experience working with reporting tools
- Assist team in determining technical feasibility and feedback on new product objectives
- Work with other team members to resolve problems or issues
- Strong understanding of the agile methodologies
Purpose of the job
- Designs, develops, programs, and maintains full-scale electronic data interchange processes using BizTalk. Develops BizTalk applications for connecting internal and external systems and for processing healthcare EDI transactions.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in data processing and computer / information technology
- 5 years of experience in programming, query design, and database development
- 1 year of experience designing and administrating BizTalk applications for processing EDI transactions
- 1 year of project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology, business, or related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in data processing and computer / information technology
- 10 years of experience in programming, query design, and database development
- 5 years of experience designing and maintaining applications for processing EDI transactions
- 5 years of project management experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Oversee the inbound and outbound transmissions of EDIs, keeping in line with HIPAA standards at all times.
- Recommend IT processes to bring new and more efficient functionality to all EDI systems.
- Analyze and identify technical errors within the system, resolving them without affecting system performance.
- Develop, monitor, and upgrade BizTalk solutions and components.
- Provide deployment support for BizTalk applications
- Design, customize, develop, and test BizTalk services in a multi-tier software systems environment
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions.
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Function as a mentor for junior developers, providing assistance where needed
- Work with senior management in terms of supplying input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning
- Design, develop and support Service-Oriented Integration solutions using modern and standards-based Middleware platforms
- Demonstrate development team leadership, as well as, leadership among project teams
- Perform review of design and specifications, code, documentation, reports and other deliverables to ensure that solutions employ good development practices and promote the IT strategy
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Knowledge and experience in design and development of data integration solutions using a formal SDLC methodology
- Experience in Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Experience in C#, .NET, XML, XSLT, WebServices, WCF, TFS, Sharepoint, SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience with BizTalk Administration
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Object-Oriented Design principles and design patterns
Required Professional Competencies
- Work with all levels of management and functional areas in BCBSAZ and understand the potential implications of system changes to those areas
- Customer service skills to deal with sensitive and difficult customer situations
- Independent thinker with strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working with other departments and levels of administration
- Strong organizational and management skills
Preferred Job Skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Advanced tactical planning and decision making skills
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures for success
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory
- Advanced understanding of HIPAA transactions and privacy requirements
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
- Advanced project management skills
- Create business requirements, technical specifications, test plans and test scripts
- Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.