Benefit Book Administrator
Awarded a Healthiest Employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona aims to fulfill its mission to inspire health and make it easy. BCBSAZ offers a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is remote within the state of AZ only. This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Accountable for the benefit book life cycle from concept to final print, functioning as a subject matter expert in the area of member benefits and plan administration and using technical writing skills to draft language that complies with legal requirements while being as member-friendly as possible
Required Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare, business, or related field
- 3 years of experience in business writing
- 3 years of experience with medical or ancillary benefits
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 10 years of experience in a healthcare, business or related field
- 5 years of experience in business writing
- 5 years of experience with medical or ancillary benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, writing, or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather requirements for changes to benefits and plan administration.
- Comprehend detailed benefit, operational, and legal requirements.
- Draft language to incorporate changes into the benefit books and riders.
- Create group and individual benefit books and riders by incorporating all applicable language changes.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure benefit book language accurately describes current processes and any changes.
- Submit benefit books and riders to Legal for approval.
- Create checklists, explanations of variability, and other documentation required by the Arizona Department of Insurance and Financial Institutions (DIFI) and submit them to Legal for filing with the DIFI.
- Coordinate answers to any DIFI objections and update benefit books and riders as needed until they are approved by the DIFI.
- Finalize benefit books and riders for print, which includes analyzing bracketed language for various plans and completing the final formatting.
- Obtain 508-compliant versions for posting benefit books and riders to the internet.
Research & ANALYSIS
- Conduct research on benefits, plan administration, and other items.
- Analyze benefits, plan administration, language, or other items within a benefit book and across various benefit books.
- Collaborate with internal departments to research benefit book related issues and propose sound solutions.
- Plan and organize a detailed course of action that ensures accurate and timely completion of benefit books and riders.
- Track the status of benefit books and riders from initial drafting through print preparation.
- Track required and completed changes made to benefit books and riders.
- Perform on-going risk analysis and escalate to management any high profile concerns or issues.
- Research and respond to questions or requests received from internal customers.
- Attend meetings relating to benefits, benefit books and riders, and other topics as necessary.
- Analyze processes and performance results to drive improvement initiatives.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing
- Analysis and inductive reasoning skills
- Business writing skills
- Project management skills
Required Professional Competencies
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Perform accurate, timely, and detailed work on documents
- Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints
- Perform analytical research
- Utilize analytical skills to support effective decisions
- Draft language that meets legal and business requirements while being as member-friendly as possible
- Manage the benefit book life cycle from requirements gathering to finalizing documents for print
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Use available information to identify priorities and focus the team's activities
Preferred Job Skills
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of subjects pertaining to the organization's service and operations.
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Use available information to take appropriate risks
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3311