Analytics Application Manager - Remote
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) is urgently hiring a full-time Analytics Application Manager to provide oversight, direction, development, problem resolution, and leadership related to the analytic reporting tool used to monitor trends by external brokers and clients as well as internal departments.
As the Analytics Application Manager, you’ll work closely with the vendor and internal departments to prioritize and implement projects, using your experience in r data analytics and reporting to ensure appropriate data is in the reporting tool and provide leadership related to usage of tool and the data within it.
What to Expect
As you work to help us improve the quality of life for Arizonans, expect to thrive in an energetic, diverse environment, championed by an organization consistently named a Best Places to Work and Most Admired Company in Arizona.
This is an Arizona and remote opportunity.
Pay: $90,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
Inspiring Health in Arizona Starts with You
Our benefits support work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best.
- Remote, in-office, and hybrid work options within the state of Arizona
- Eleven (11) paid holidays, including a floating holiday you can use any time you wish
- Accrued paid time off (up to 16 days per calendar year)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) up to 5% dollar-per-dollar match, 2% non-elective employer contribution
- Up to 12% annual bonus based on corporate goals and individual performance
- Eight (8) paid volunteer hours to support our mission of inspiring health
- Tuition reimbursement for you; scholarship opportunities for your children
- Employee discounts, gym reimbursement, and wellness programs
- Treadmill desks, full-service fitness center, onsite cafeterias
- Ongoing training for employees who wish to grow in their careers, acquire skills, and become managers
To thrive in this job, you must be able to:
- Ensure data extracts are delivered to the vendor by agreed upon deadlines with data from appropriate data sources.
- Determine the best way to provide data in the tool to show information requested by internal and external partners and provide leadership and direction on what new information should be added into the tool.
- Recommend new ways to analyze data by first understanding the company’s business strategy and the changing landscape of health care.
- Serve as an internal consultant to define business questions, transform data and analysis into meaningful and actionable information for a variety of customer segments, and help end users interpret and apply analytic results.
- Foster relationships with external stakeholders to assemble collaborations and facilitate partnerships that create value in health care.
- Lead complex projects from inception to completion, ensuring projects align with the strategy of the company, including working independently to create timelines, define deliverables, monitor progress, implement projects, and resolve/monitor post-implementation issues.
- Enhance the user experience of the reporting tool. Provide formal and informal training to users, assisting them with the creation of reporting and analytical insights.
- Transform disparate data sources into strategic knowledge.
- Monitor contract requirements and recommend additional or different tools/modules to meet the analytical needs of the company.
- Work collaboratively with other Analytics & Data Science members to drive the overall success of the goals of BCBSAZ.
- Develop multi-year strategies, priorities, and roadmaps for analytics goals.
We are looking for someone with:
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with team members and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Technical ability to resolve complex business and actuarial issues
- Ability to deal with the unpredictability of the insurance business and minimize the variance between predicted and actual outcomes
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills that allow for strong collaboration in a fast-moving, customer-centric environment
- Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and use data to make timely and sound decisions
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to shifting demands/priorities
- Ability and experience to assimilate multiple new functions, services, projects and systems while maintaining existing systems and programs.
- Four (4) years of manager/lead experience providing oversight, direction, development, problem resolution and leadership related to analytic reporting tools
- Five (5) years of working in a flexible, customer-centric team environment while leading cross-functional initiatives and/or projects
- Five (5) years of healthcare experience or health industry experience
Why Join Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona?
At BCBSAZ, your pursuit of balance, happiness, and fulfillment is supported through our Workability model. Workability is our future hybrid workforce strategy and defines where and how we do our jobs: 100% remote, 100% in the office or somewhere in-between.
No matter where you choose to work, we want you to be well. Our award-winning healthy campus in Phoenix is always available to you. Access telehealth services at our BlueCare Anywhere kiosk, fuel up with healthy meals and snacks at our cafeterias and Work Perks Café, and make the most of our onsite fitness center by taking advantage of personal trainers, a nutritionist, Health Support programs, and daily group fitness classes, including spin, yoga, and Zumba.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.