Accounts Receivable Technician
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position will update and maintain accounting records. The position will also correspond with customers via telephone, in writing and/or in person.
- Sort, research and compile documents substantiating business transactions
- Verify, code and post details of business transactions
- Enter information from documents into computer systems
- Maintain records of financial transactions
- Reconcile and balance basic accounts
- Prepare basic financial data and reports
- Review data for completeness and accuracy
- Research and respond to customer inquiries and issues
- Safeguard company assets and protect health information
- Reconcile and balance intermediate accounts
- Prepare intermediate financial data and reports
- Prepare basic journal entries
- Review work of others for completeness and accuracy
- Reconcile and balance complex accounts
- Prepare complex financial data and reports
- Prepare complex journal entries
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor / provide peer review to employees in those levels.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- 1 year of experience in business (Applies to Level 1)
- 2 years of experience in business (Applies to Level 2)
- 3 years of experience in business (Applies to Level 3)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study or completion of a comparable international secondary education (Applies to All Levels)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona