Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the job
- The Technical Writer job function prepares desk level procedures, training materials, FAQs, training manuals, quick reference guides and other supporting documents to internal operational areas. Work performed involves the ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation. This role requires high organizational skills, excellent writing skills, and can participate in the critical thinking process to generate creative ideas.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with various technical leads, business stakeholders, vendors, and subject matter experts to gather the knowledge needed to create required technical documentation
- Develop and coordinate activities required to design and administer SharePoint, Yammer, and other documentation venues
- Conceptualize content, gather ancillary data, key messages, positioning and articulate in a single tone and consistent tense
- Identify content to convert into graphics as well as the ability to produce preferred graphic formats
- Translate information into sound operating procedures, technical training documents, or other business proposals
- Understanding technology and system applications for which documentation is being prepared
- Solicit input from end users to ensure all documentation aligns with predefined voice and tone requirements
- Identify, analyze, organize, prioritize, and logically present the complex information needs of stakeholders across multiple projects, functions, and sources
- Write, edit and proofread materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate level of details that are easily understood and readily usable for training courses
- Scope, track and manage documentation process to ensure that quality documentation is delivered timely
- Match documentation drafts to original specifications of requirements
- Facilitate development of standard internal templates for documents such as business processes, desk-top procedures, training material, and quick-reference guides
- Keeping up to date with system developments and IT enhancements to ensure content is being updated
- Gathering and analyzing the information needs of the end users, while identifying gaps in existing documentation
- Organizes and maintains information within Knowledge Management software
- Collaborates with other content creators and Technical Trainers
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.