Sr. Financial Analyst -Cost Allocation principles and experience with PCMCS/Hyperion Planning (EPBCS) preferred
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Analyze and evaluate data in one or more specialty areas including, but not limited to business operations/processes, budgets, and financial systems. Tasks may include, preparing financial reports, technical report writing, monitoring budget, maintaining records, analyzing data, and developing budget forecasts.
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in accounting or finance field (level 1)
- 5 years of experience in accounting or finance field (level 2)
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, or related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Work Experience
- 7 years of experience in accounting or finance field
- Master’s Degree in accounting, business, or related field of study
- Certified Public Accountant Certification (CPA)
- Performs analysis of data and application of applicable professional principles and standards.
- Applies knowledge of accounting functions or principles, general business practices, collection procedures, and/or applicable computer systems.
- Demonstrates ability to research, investigate, analyze, reconcile, and evaluate data.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external customers using both verbal and written communication skills to discuss financial processes or issues.
- Works with both external and internal auditors on financial requests
- Implements and maintains internal financial controls and measures
- Has knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
Level I-Asks questions/ability to analyze data and identify issues
Level 2-Identifies issues and is able to resolve independently. Actively seeks process improvements
Level 3-Identifies less obvious issues timely and lays out solid options to consider. Actively seeks process improvements
Level i-Ability to learn and apply learned concepts. Learn and use business application as required for job
Level 2-Demonstrates good understanding of data and financial principles. Proficient in Excel to create effective and efficient reports
Level 3-Can simplify complex processes and willing to re-engineer processes from scratch. Able to consider appropriate use of software/tools for each job
Level 1-Observes work hours, manages PTO and notifies manager of schedule changes. Utilizes existing processes and methods for efficiency
Level 2-Begins to separate and combine tasks into an efficient workflow. Finds ways to work smarter that produces the work in less time.
Level 3-Identifies material factors in the analysis. Able to lead team on multiple projects/tasks effectively by communicating, planning and meeting goals set.
Level 1-Analyzes own work and checks for correctness. Does not repeat errors
Level 2-Contributes by peer reviewing co-workers work
Level 3-Finds new ways to improve accuracy.
Level 1-Respectful of others, builds credibility and rapport by responding timely to inquiries and admitting to mistakes.
Level 2-Does not become defensive when encountering resistance. Able to maintain composure under stress.
Level 3-Able to confidently lead team(s) on projects and provide feedback and training
Level 1-Sets and meets reasonable deadlines. Gives ample notice to management regarding delays or help needed
Level 2-Able to plan projects and set priorities with some assistance from management
Level 3-Leads projects independently with minimal assistance. Keeping management well informed
Level 1-Is proactive with little to no dead time
Level 2-Asks why we do things. Interested in expanding current knowledge and makes recommendations beyond specific assignments
Level 3-Looks for new ways to improve. Researches beyond specific assignment. Makes suggestions and implements new ways to improve.
Level 1-Communicates effectively with co-workers and other departments with little spelling and grammar errors
Level 2-Able to effectively summarize/present assigned projects with overview and status
Level 3-Able to summarize complex issues/projects. Provides meaningful answers to questions regarding work performed
Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing
Required Professional Competencies
- Prioritize, organize and self-manage in a high volume environment
- Technical and Functional Expertise
- Understanding the Business
- Achieving Results
- Serving the Customer
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Required Leadership and Personal Effectiveness Competencies
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external customers.
- Act with diplomacy and sensitivity with our customers and internal departments.
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures programs and guidelines to customers.
- Analyze and research data, propose solutions to resolve issues.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Establish, contribute and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
Preferred Job Skills
- Advanced PC proficiency
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Knowledge of a wide range of matters pertaining to the organization's operations
Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona