Senior Manager - Enterprise Products (Healthcare)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Manage the Enterprise Products team to initiate, design and implement a portfolio of customer facing products and solutions. The Enterprise Products suite is comprised of products that enhance the BCBSAZ value proposition by wrapping our core insurance products with products that improve the members’ customer experience and digital experience. Products in the suite are differentiated and support membership and revenue growth.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Elicit, validate and translate market needs into products, business requirements, use cases, marketing/launch activities, and sales training/support
- Help to optimize project and product development efforts by ensuring market requirements are captured, completed and understood during development, launch, marketing and sales/training efforts
- Partner with Marketing to ensure product/project marketing and launch efforts correspond with the market opportunity, are well coordinated with the sales team, and are impactful
- Ensure sales team is well trained and versed on the product/project and associated launch activities to maximize impact
- Define and organize the priorities for new or enhanced capabilities
- Develop consistent reporting for market opportunities, requirements, and launch activities throughout the organization
- Set revenue, membership and engagement goals for each product and meet them
- Develop relationships with and act as the communication hub and documentation source for stakeholders and leadership.
- Track progress and report the status of ongoing projects to ensure consistent messaging and successful implementations.
- Drive performance through management and execution of organizational plans and activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in healthcare related industries
- Oversee team by coaching and motivating staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Monitor all Enterprise Product Key Performance Indicators, coach to correct product performance issues, initiate risk mitigation strategies, report and/or escalate issues to Chief Marketing Officer.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting.
- Serve as Enterprise Product member for various committees, strategic projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide back-up support to the Chief Marketing Officer as needed
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5288