Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Responsible for supporting the Care Management Department by providing professional oversight with an emphasis on URAC accreditation, Health Management System workflow configuration and documentation, Case and Utilization Management , and compliance with State, Federal, BCBSAZ and accreditation guidelines/regulations.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and document health improvement/management programs for members in compliance with applicable state, federal and accreditation guidelines.
- Support business processes and data flows and how they affect health management/BCBS processes, systems and other operational areas
- Participate in and/or lead process improvement, quality and accreditation projects
- Analyze and/or oversight of program data collection and reports to evaluate current programs.
- Research and analyze procedural problems and provide recommendations for improvements and changes
- Consult and coordinate with various internal departments, external plans, providers, vendors, businesses and government agencies to obtain information to meet departmental projects and goals.
- Create and maintain:
- Job aids and Policies for the Care Management Department
- Documentation of processes to maintain URAC accreditation
- Workflow documents for the health management system
- Create and/or update correspondence to be used by Care Management staff or BCBS vendors.
- Develop training materials and participate in training Care Management employees for both new employees and new accreditation processes and requirements.
- Monitor delegated entities for quality and contract requirements and maintain reporting for evaluation and departmental reporting.
- Document and record facts in regards to inquiries, correspondences and projects by updating files and systems.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Maintain all standards in consideration of State, Federal, FEP, Medicare BCBSAZ and other applicable regulatory/accrediting agency requirements as they apply to department functions.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.