Quality Assurance Analyst (Manual Testing/ Software Validation/ Agile)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for designing and performing tests on computer applications/systems to validate operations meet the customer stories/requirements. Designs and initiates tests, analyzes results, identifies issues, and validates solutions to technical problems
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Level 1 – Entry-level role; Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
- Develop basic test plans, test cases, and test data
- Process test files and analyze test results
- Perform day to day execution of test or regression cases/scripts; document results, log and retest defects.
- Develop, review, load and maintain test plans, test cases/scripts and test directories within test tool.
- Perform test execution and defect reporting utilizing testing tools.
- Assist with root cause analysis and triage of key/critical defects for quick turn-around.
- Monitor and track traceability of business requirements/stories to tests executed.
- Participate in defect review meetings to explain and/or demonstrate defects.
- Participate in show and tell meetings to explain and/or demonstrate repaired defect or new features.
- Create project reports for test executed and defects discovered
- Analyze, track, report, test and help resolve basic reported production problems
- Identify problems and make recommendations for improved procedures
Level 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision and peer review
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test data on more complex computer applications
- Design, support, and maintain basic to intermediate test artifacts and data
- May develop and maintain basic SQL queries to test results, and to create mock up data for testing.
- Participate or lead test related activities for small scoped projects
- Using prioritized project requirements and/or story points estimate test development and execution time frames
Level 3 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test data on moderately complex computer applications and systems
- Design, support, and maintain moderately complex test artifacts, and data
- Research, analyze, and test moderately complex production problems
- Develop and maintain SQL queries to test results, and to create mock up data for testing.
- Analyze and improve test related processes and test artifacts
- Participate or lead test related activities for medium to large scoped projects
Level 4 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, and test data on highly complex computer applications and systems
- Design, support, and maintain highly complex test artifacts, and data
- Research, analyze, and test highly complex production problems
- Design, support, and improve quality processes and end to end test methods
- Develop and maintain complex SQL queries to test results, and to create mock up data for testing.
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess project components to forecast work effort required
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to levels 1 and 2
- Participate and/or lead test related activities for large scoped projects
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Stay current on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements. Participate in on-call rotation
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5481