Manager-Payroll and Sales Incentives (5yrs payroll processing and WorkDay Payroll software)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Responsible for managing the multi-state, multi-system, multi-company payroll and internal sales incentive compensation functions. Knowledge of federal and state payroll, wage and labor regulations is critical. Ensure timely and accurate payments that adhere to corporate policies and internal sales incentive plans. Analyst skills required to configure and test applications, with vendors, to produce accurate payments, documents and reports to taxing authorities, employees and sales staff. Manage all aspects of payroll including earnings, deductions, taxes, accounting, and time reporting/tracking. Reviews and approves various tax filings, journal entries, and reconciliations. Workday Payroll application experience is preferred.
Performs all activities necessary to manage processing of multi-state payrolls, tax filings, and other related transactions in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Also, responsible for accurate internal sales incentive calculations and payments.
- Manage the multi-state, multi-system, multi-company payroll and internal sales incentive compensation functions.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations, including FLSA, FICA, FUTA, DOL.
- Ensure timely and accurate payments that adhere to corporate policies and internal sales incentive plans.
- Identify, monitor and evaluate payroll calculation, reporting, or system issues and work with vendor on corrective actions.
- Configure and test applications, with vendors, to produce accurate payments, documents and reports to taxing authorities, employees and sales staff.
- Responsible for vendor management including contract negotiations, addressing service level issues, and request for proposal participation
- Review and approve various tax filings.
- Provide internal and external auditors with reports, account reconciliations and documentation. Respond to audit inquiries and findings. Educate auditors on processes and data.
- Approve all journal entries and account reconciliations related to Payroll and Sales Incentives.
- Responsibilities also include performance management of staff.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements