Manager - Customer Service Operations
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- The Manager of Customer Service Operations is accountable for instilling and supporting a culture of customer-centricity within the area.
- Responsible for the professional development and coaching of all reporting staff and setting effective goals to drive performance.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing tactics to execute segment specific and corporate strategies.
- Accountable for effectively overseeing all activities that ensure the execution of internal service processes, championing and leading efforts to enhance the customer experience, as well as empowering and enabling employees to implement operational efficiencies.
- Perform regular, scheduled 1-on-1 coaching and professional development discussions with all direct reporting staff.
- Perform regular, scheduled team huddles to provide guidance and updates to reporting staff on team performance and department goals.
- Supports leadership with championing and implementing strategic initiatives and providing clear direction to reporting staff on definitions of success and protocols for tracking and reporting results.
- Executes daily activities supporting efforts to improve and maintain success in First Call Resolution, Customer Experience Index, and Net Promoter score. These activities include routine report analytics, engaging team lead(s) in developing tactics for implementing service enhancements, developing methods to measure efficacy of service strategy tactics, and establishing protocols for communicating employee coaching needs across the department.
- Accountable for ensuring team service metrics are achieved on a daily basis. Maintains a regular line of communication with resource planning support as well as team lead(s) to proactively plan for and address risks to service metrics.
- Develop and maintain competent staff to carry out assigned functions with particular emphasis on supervisory or analyst level of management.
- Support team leads and provide guidance and oversight of department resource allocation to support corporate and departmental goals and objectives. This includes accountability for ensuring system defect ticket resolution, as well as accountability for coordinating with team leads and resource planning support to execute strategies for effectively managing inventories.
- Support reporting staff and our members with accepting and owning resolution of management escalations.
- Represent the department/division in external meetings. Participates on an internal basis in meetings and decision-making processes as it relates to the specific area of responsibility. Demonstrate a high degree of executive presence.
- Must have the ability to make appropriate decisions based on information at hand with the ability to focus on the big picture while looking for opportunities for improvement.
- Provide motivation and encouragement to subordinates, conduct performance evaluations, identify and coordinate training needs, make determinations regarding disciplinary actions.
- Provides motivation and encouragement to subordinates as well as a structured path for technical and professional growth and advancement opportunities.
- Perform activities related to interviewing, hiring, termination, disciplinary action, performance progression, and salary administration as required.
- Ability to think outside the box and objectively and professionally challenges the status quo that engages others in constructive dialogue to achieve results. Builds and fosters good working relationships with internal customers and peers.
- Ensure that staff performs essential job functions to maximize corporate performance scores related to the area’s responsibilities (i.e., FEP PIP, IPP, MTM and related performance guarantees).
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- A leader who translates a customer-centric focus to drive high performance results from their team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5224