IT Service Management Engineer (ITSM/ Healthcare/ Service Now)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Designs, tests, implements solutions within the enterprise IT Service Management (ITSM) platform. Provides ongoing administrator support for the ITSM platform as well as providing guidance of design, testing, implementation and maintenance of supporting ITSM processes (e.g. Change Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, etc).
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead or participate in large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Recommend IT processes to bring new and more efficient functionality
- Analyze and identify technical errors within the system, resolving them without affecting system performance
- Develop, monitor, and upgrade ITSM tool solutions and components
- Provide deployment support for ITSM tool applications
- Design, customize, engineer, and test ITSM tool services in a multi-tier environment
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions
- Anticipate emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Work with management in terms of supplying input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning
- Perform reviews of ITSM tool design and specifications to ensure that solutions employ good engineering practices and promote the ITIL strategy
- Maintain/create ITSM process documentation (Process, Procedure, etc.)
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5564