Intern- Compliance and Privacy (May 2020-August 2020)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Intake, log and track compliance and privacy inquiries and investigations
- Research and respond to customer inquiries and issues
- Track and send reminders on annual and new hire training and Conflict of Interest form disclosures
- Track and send reminders on required reports and filings
- Review and research federal exclusion lists
- Support policies and procedures management efforts
- Enter information from documents into computer systems
- Prepare basic reports on department efforts
- Review data for completeness and accuracy
- Safeguard company assets and Protected Health Information (PHI)
Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
- Required Job Skills
- Basic skills in the use of PCs, spreadsheets and word processing