Finance Product Owner (Oracle ERP/ Cloud/ Hyperion/ Financial Systems)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
The ERP Product Owner will be responsible for providing vision and direction to the Kanban team through the collection, evaluation, analysis, and prioritization of business needs. In this role, the ERP Product Owner will work with key business, IT and Vendor partners to develop and oversee strategic plans for product design, configuration and development of ERP solutions. An ideal candidate will have a customer first mindset with an ability to balance needs across Finance and the organization.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Level 1 – Performs job functions under general supervision or peer review
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished in alignment with product roadmap and funding parameters.
- Accountable for the product backlog and prioritization of user stories with team members.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and product needs.
- Recognized voice of the business to the team.
- Translate emerging customer needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans.
- Actively participates in Product Backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, and project team’s release planning sessions.
- Periodically re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority as communicated by the Product Manager.
- Ensures traceability between requirements to features to user stories
- Accessible for the team to answer questions, and during Sprint planning sessions, and Daily Scrum.
- Offers guidance to the team during design, development, and testing phases and holds accountability for the overall solution.
- Owns the continual acceptance criteria for business value story user stories
- Creation and review of test cases against user stories acceptance criteria.
- Develop test plans, perform testing and post-production validation.
- Create and deliver presentations.
Level 2 - Performs job functions with moderate supervision and peer review (in addition to level 1 activities)
- Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities.
- Interfaces with internal/external customers and can clearly communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Evaluate high-level project information and assess product components to forecast work effort required.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to level 1Facilitate and/or create new procedures and processes that support advancing technologies or capabilities
- Provide peer-level review and mentoring to level 1
Level 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Supports manager in the oversight of business activities related to the planning, oversight, and management of the ERP applications.
- Assist management in project support and product resource planning.
- Provide input for other product owner performance reviews.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other product owners in the areas of external research and benchmarking, business analysis, and implementation of electronic solutions to our customers.
- Assure that proper change management protocols are followed to maximize benefit and alleviate unnecessary disruption in the organization and our customers.
- Coach and help develop other product owners; Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Lead, develop and mentor staff by providing opportunities for growth through delegation, training, and assignment to various project teams.
- Inform manager of any issues impacting the efficient and effective performance of the department including system, resource, and informational barriers; Provide timely feedback to team member on performance.
- Assist manager in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Lead RFP efforts for new solutions and implementers, including contract negotiations and SLA development.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in technology-related industries.
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5527