Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
The Enterprise Analyst is able to support any BCBSAZ project as a single resource representing corporate wide knowledge of business and functional processes. This combines the skillsets of a Project Manager, Business Analyst, Healthcare EDI Analyst, Software Development Analyst, Data/Reporting Analyst, Process Improvement Analyst, External Vendor Management Liaison, and Consultant.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
LEVEL 1 (ENTERPRISE ANALYST)
• Act as lead business analyst for large or complex Initiatives/Mandates/Projects/Enhancements (with assistance from the Enterprise Analyst Lead or Manager)
• Develop complex (e.g. multiple departments/systems) business requirements on large efforts and flow specifications with little to no management direction.
• Decompose high-level project information and evaluates project components to forecast work effort required
• Interpret design specifications for comparison against defined business needs to ensure compatibility, consistency and completeness
• Write test scripts, perform testing and post-production validation
• Utilize problem-solving skills to improve procedures and processes, resolve system deficiencies and implement enhancements
• Facilitate and/or create new operational procedures and processes resulting from advancing technologies or capabilities.
• Resolve differences between customers and other team members in order to achieve organizational and project goals
• Interpret business and technical design specifications and resolve conflicts that arise when compared against the defined needs of the business.
• Fully support all business segments and platforms
LEVEL 2 (ENTERPRISE ANALYST LEAD)
• Supports Business, IT Sponsors and Project Managers with Project-level activities, including (but not limited to) Vendor Management, Project Plans and Schedules, Status Reports, and Risk/Issue Identification and Resolution
• Act as lead business analyst for large or complex Initiatives/Mandates/Projects/Enhancements (with minimal guidance from Manager)
• Ensures Service Level Agreements between department and operational or technical areas are met
• Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedures in support of customer satisfaction and corporate goals
• Mentors Level 1 analysts
• The position requires a full-time work schedule (at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5515