Email & CRM Marketing Specialist
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Internal use only-grade 26-29
The Digital Communications Specialist will report to the Sr. Manager of Digital Marketing and will oversee the planning, execution, management and measurement of digital communications. This position requires a person to have the technical skills and experience to work with multiple email marketing services and have a keen sense on how to use data and new marketing technologies to innovate and drive the organization’s digital marketing programs forward.
Required Work Experience
1 years Email marketing experience
1 years Marketing communications or business writing
1 years Relevant business experience
2 years Email marketing experience
2 years Marketing communications or business writing
2 years Relevant business experience
3 years Email marketing experience
3 years Marketing communications or business writing
3 years Relevant business experience
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
1 year Health insurance or health care industry experience
1 year Client-side and/or marketing agency experience
2 years Health insurance or health care industry experience
Client-side and/or marketing agency experience
3 years Health insurance or health care industry experience
3 years Client-side and/or marketing agency experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field of study
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with marketing teams to build and deploy flawless digital communications across a variety of segments that drive audiences to achieve desired behaviors.
- Coordinate the development and technical execution of email communications and lead nurturing journeys, ensuring messaging and timing are optimized to for optimal performance while achieving all stakeholder goals.
- Support content approval workflows, systems entry, tracking and management of all email-related requests for Marketing Department and Digital Marketing team
- Maintain email calendar for each audience ensuring volume, frequency and cadence are maximized.
- Define and implement A/B and multivariate testing to optimize ad-hoc email sends and lead nurturing journeys.
- Implement behavioral triggers within campaigns based on members’ specific action to deliver dynamic content through ongoing lead nurturing campaigns and transactional account notifications.
- Provide regular analysis of digital communications performance and recommendations for improving overall email marketing and lead nurturing experiences.
- Support SEM and PPC campaigns as they relate to paid search, remarketing, display, etc. and how these tactics can be incorporated into omni-channel marketing efforts including lead nurturing campaigns.
- Provide advanced reporting and analysis to understand exactly how successful the campaign was, in real-time, and track user’s journey for campaigns.
- Consult and provide recommendations to clients based on the goals provided and insights gathered from previous campaigns.
- Be proactive in communicating with clients about status of projects to set expectations.
- Provide support to internal teams who require new or revisions to existing digital communications.
- Manage the development and accuracy of email reporting for all levels of management view.
- Deliver both data and insights to consistently optimize campaigns and improve performance.
- Proactively engage and coordinate activities with all internal stakeholders responsible for the digital experience
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Work under general supervision
- Work under intermittent supervision
- Work under minimal supervision
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Required Job Skills
- Expertise with advanced email marketing services, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of digital marketing & marketing communication best practices
Required Professional Competencies
- Advanced attention to detail and quality
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while coordinating multiple projects within the assigned deadlines
- Ability to produce efficient and highly effective results with minimal supervision in a hybrid environment
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills
- Support a positive professional work environment
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Work effectively with others from all divisions
- Manage projects from onset to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure completion
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometime with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
- Understand each audience’s needs to maximize projects and campaigns
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Imagine doing life-changing work and helping more than one million Arizonans live healthier and longer lives. That’s the kind of satisfaction you’ll find when you work here. Our exceptional teams in Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler, and Flagstaff have been transforming healthcare for more than 80 years. Explore what's possible with a career at Blue Cross® BlueShield® of Arizona