Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This position is responsible for applying and enforcing the standards and guidelines as established within the Data Governance framework to drive consistency in data definitions, usage, sources and quality business data.
- Manage the content of the data dictionary and business glossary by collecting, documenting and publishing business terms and their key attributes, including meaning, rules for use, format, source of information and data assets.
- Utilize data governance processes to ensure standard data sets and definitions are implemented and used for data integrity and quality.
- Monitor key data management metrics to ensure a high degree of quality is maintained across processes
- Apply business acumen and understanding of the flow of data through various administrative systems from the back end to the front end to ensure key attributes and data assets associated to business terms are accurately identified.
- Maintain the relevance and accuracy of the data dictionary by constantly updating it to reflect changes in business and technology
- Ensure agreed upon standards are followed when defining and sourcing business terms captured in the data dictionary
- Facilitate resolution of data integrity issues across stakeholders.
- Support business users with information needed to create and maintain new reports and/or queries.
- Inform technology teams of new terms or changes to existing terms so that they can ensure the validity and clarity of data
- Ascertain when business terms might have an ambiguous or wrong interpretation and help facilitate resolution
- Understand end-to-end data flows, identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management.
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements in processes and tools used to support the data dictionary
- Define business rules and data standards and best practices for data analysis and enrichment
- Design and execute fundamental analytics for maintaining data integrity and quality.
- Incorporate processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administration of data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with both business and technical teams, working in the capacity as a liaison between the two
- Participate in functional and integration testing to validate the results meet the business data requirements
- Maintain all process documentation as required to support the maintenance of the business glossary and data dictionary in accordance with Data Governance guidelines
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
- This position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.