Cost of Quality Care Project Specialist
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Works collaboratively with and on behalf of the VP, Cost of Quality Care to develop, manage, and successfully execute medical action plan initiatives. Works closely with HQA leaders and other internal business partners to develop and monitor metrics of success, and create solutions and remove barriers to ensure business goals are met. Assists in the creation, quantification, implementation, and tracking of medical cost saving initiatives.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
Assist VP to create, develop, organize, coordinate and track innovations and programs designed to produce the highest quality outcomes in the most cost effective settings to our members
• Plan, direct, and manage medical action plan initiatives and associated activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
• Create and deliver presentations to multiple levels of leadership.
• Produce clear & accurate documentation, including status reporting, for any initiatives assigned.
• Work collaboratively with all stakeholders and communicate effectively across the organization.
• Confer with stakeholders, product owners, and other parties as needed to outline schedules, dependencies, convergence, and assignments to ensure each initiative is being planned and communicated clearly.
• Produce and keep updated project artifacts like MS Project schedules and SharePoint sites in order to drive accurate and visible reporting.
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
1. Required Work Experience
• 3 years of experience in healthcare environment, data analysis or experience managing enterprise-wide projects
• 2 years of project management or matrix work environment experience
2. Required Education
• Bachelor's Degree in business, statistics, healthcare administration or related field of study
3. Required Licenses
4. Required Certifications
1. Preferred Work Experience
• 3 years of experience leading the design and implementation of medical cost saving initiatives in a complex organization
2. Preferred Education
• Master’s Degree in business, statistics, healthcare administration or related field of study
3. Preferred Licenses
4. Preferred Certifications
1. Required Job Skills
• Intermediate PC proficiency
• Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database, project management, and word processing software
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and networking applications
2. Required Professional Competencies
• Communication with multiple levels of management
• Exposure to the health care or health insurance industry
• Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
• Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Creativity and innovative problem-solving abilities
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
• Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business documentation
• Extensive experience and judgment necessary to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
• Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation.
• Build synergy with a diverse team in an ever changing environment.
1. Preferred Job Skills
• Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
• Advanced PC proficiency
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites
• Advanced knowledge of SharePoint
• Intermediate knowledge of BCBSAZ applications
2. Preferred Professional Competencies
• Impeccable project management skills
• Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of internal departments and operations
3. Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies