Buyer - Procurement & Sourcing Services
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
This position’s primary reponsbilitiy is to research, evaluate, and buy goods and services to meet the organization’s daily operational needs. Other duties include executing spot buys and simple sourcing projects, maintaining e-catalogs in our ERP system, processing purchase requisitions and issuing purchase orders
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
• Review purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders in accordance with Corporate Policy F-004
• Research, respond to, and finalize questions or requests received from internal customers
• Execute spot buys and low complexity sourcing events
• Select and manage supply base for routine purchases
• Ensure that goods and services are purchased in accordance with agreed upon contracts and pricing
• Investigate improving sources of supply for goods and services
• Deliver sound business decisions on placement of purchases with suppliers
• Negotiate prices, terms, and conditions associated with purchases
• Coordinate interaction between suppliers and BCBSAZ user personnel
• Maintain e-catalogs in ERP Procurement system
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5490