Broker Support Rep - Medicare Sales & Support
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Facilitates Medicare sales of BCBSAZ Medicare products through internal and external partner distribution channels to achieve desired sales, service and satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
• Support internal and external partner sales channels.
• Handle a large volume of incoming calls and provide timely, accurate responses.
• Provide information, identify and analyze problems, and respond to questions relating to all BCBSAZ Medicare products, policies, and procedures.
• Contracting and Certification processing and facilitation.
• Manage broker supply requests and define streamlined processes.
• Work collaboratively with both internal and external key stakeholders to ensure BCBSAZ’s Medicare products are showcased and sold through various sales channels
• May be required to provide information to corporate project managers, sales excellence, enrollment and other areas of the organization to ensure Medicare operations are fully functioning and meeting expected outcomes
• Professionally manage vital business relationships, by meeting with key decision makers on a routine basis and responding timely to requests.
• Interact daily with BCBSAZ Marketing, Contracting, Enrollment, IT, Commissions, Legal and Sales Excellence Teams.
• Assist with Training, Education, motivating and engaging brokers, General Agencies (GA’s) on BCBSAZ’s Medicare products.
• Provide support on monthly broker training sessions for new and existing Medicare brokers.
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5272