Broker Service Representative (Individual Segment)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Highly specialized customer service position for Individual Product brokers and customers with an emphasis on increasing broker and customer satisfaction. This position will identify, research, resolve and respond to broker and customer inquiries via phone and/or written or verbal communication.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Handle large volume of incoming telephone calls and emails from brokers and internal department reps and provide timely and accurate responses.
- Provide answers, information, and identify and analyze problems related to all BCBSAZ Individual Under and Over 65 products, policies and procedures for brokers and customers.
- Assist with broker supplies and training.
- Meet with brokers face-to-face to provide assistance.
- Generate reports and special projects for brokers and customers when needed.
- Compile the monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner and with 100% accuracy.
- Analyze data sets and dashboards to identify trends and recommended modifications.
- Provide support for external Individual Sales Account Executives.
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Provide backup support for other Broker Service Representatives.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skills / Requirements
Job Reference #: 5475