Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
- Prepare, review, and/or approve financial journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Administer, interpret and maintain working knowledge of required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms and manuals.
- Ensure service standards are met by communicating with staff any changes to systems, procedures or forms through staff meetings and verbal or written communications.
- Participate in the development and design of new or revised system logic that supports department operations.
- Ensure receivables are managed in accordance with various member and provider contracts that vary based on product or legal entity.
- Ensure processes are in accordance with the BCBS Association’s InterPlan Program (BlueCard) requirements, as well as Federal Employee Program (FEP) requirements.
- Monitor workloads and inventory to ensure timeliness standards are achieved.
- Evaluate and assist in defining and improving the quality, quantity and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals.
- Evaluate and make recommendations in regard to employment decisions.
- Provide training, motivation and encouragement to staff.
- Identify, monitor and evaluate system issues and communicate with appropriate areas regarding status and resolution.
- Provide internal and external auditors with account reconciliations and documentation. Assist management in responding to audit findings.
- Perform activities of staff in their absence as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.